SMART Lids contact info, for rip-off shipping

Charlotte, North Carolina 0 comments

I also paid $24 shipping, for a $10 product. I was also supposed to receive the bonus larger lid, which

is supposed to be backordered.

I am wondering if I will be charged another outrageous fee for them to ship it.

I plan to contact them at phone # 866-608-8635, and email them at smart@custservdirect.com, and find out their return policy.

Am wondering if the post office would do anything to help.

On the info-mercial, I beleive they said "pay a small shipping charge". The package that arrived didn't even weigh a lb. I'm definitely going to write the BBB.

'Smart Lids' Should Be Shut Down

Peoria, Arizona 0 comments

As described in previous complaints, the total cost of the order is not given from the automated ordering number.

For my order of $47.90, I was charged $75.50 for PROCESSING AND HANDLING!!!! When I called the company I was told that everything they do is legal. They refunded a total of $15. -- BIG DEAL!!

I am trying to get the number for the Attorney General's Office in WI, where the products were mailed from. If anyone knows how to pursue these crooks, please post information.

I'll never order a "As Seen On Tv" product again! This is a very marginal product anyway. These folks make all ASOT ads look dishonest.

Review about: Smart Lids.

Smart Lids--shipping outrageous!!

Spokane, Washington 11 comments

Ordered smart lids on-line but the $51.00 shipping charges were not applied until the order was completed!!!Outrageous since I only spent 10 dollars!

Will call them tomorrow as well as call my credit card company tomorrow. Do Not buy anything on line from them! I just read that other folks cannot contact these people and they also make something called "shark". This company is a rip off and needs to be confronted.

Will re-post if I can get ahold of them and cancel my order, but not sure I have much hope of that.

My own fault!

Review about: Smart Lids.

Comments

I, too, have become a victim of the Smart Lid compan.Firstly, the lids don't work as claimed.

Secondly, I had orginally ordered extra lids with my order but they've never been shipped....they've been on "back order". I've sent 4 e-mails to get my payment back and cancel the "back ordered" lids but no one has EVER contacted me.

My next step is legal action.I've never had such a terrible experience ordering something on-line before!

Thank you for all of your "Comments".

It has saved me a lot of heart ache and frustration. I was going to order these lovely lids.

Thank You!!!

You saved my ***!

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #41284

I SAW THESE ON TV.ORDERED THEM (2 OFFERS) AND I EXPECTED THE SEPERATE SHIPPING & HANDLING FEES BUT IT TOOK 15 FULL MINUTES FOR THEM TO TRY AND TALK ME INTO BUYING OTHER ***.

MY HUSBAND CAME UNGLUED WHEN I EXPLAINED TO HIM THE SHIPPING CHGS.

NEVER AGAIN FOR ME EITHER.....BURNED ONCE!:eek

Does anyone have a contact # for the company ?

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #32557

I also ordered on line with my credit card and was unable to cancel the order when I found out the shipping charge.When I received the item, I went to the post office and refused the item per PO advice.

I was credit onlu $20.

on my credit card and I have to pay the 36.75 for shipping charge.I have been fighting the company and the credit card with out any relief

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #32556

I was credit onlu $20.

Shipman, Illinois, United States #22752

These things don't even work

Fredrikstad, Ostfold, Norway #15039

buy them at bed bath and beyond. They are ten bucks :)

Arhus, Arhus, Denmark #7527

I have had that happen with other "as seen on TV" products - outrageous shippng, which is where they really make their profit, and they ask for credit card information before telling you how much shipping is. So now I look for "as seen on TV" on eBay or at store like Target and CVS that have "as seen on TV" sections in their stores. I'd really like to get some of these lids, but after reading lilyolivia's post, I'll know not to order them.

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #6894

I am in the process of canceling my order too.They don't tack on the shipping fees until its too late.

Its absoultey crazy.:(

Reidsville, North Carolina, United States #6552

Same experience--$41.70 for shipping. Never again...........

View more comments